Monday, August 12, 2013

A fall inspired cocktail

With Summer well underway and September rolling around the corner, I've been thinking ahead to the fall season that awaits. The changing of the leaves and the long rainy period that is sure o come with it... The combination of Vancouver's natural beauty - the coastal mountains, the islands, and Stanley Park - with the terrible weather that is already looming in August. Both thoughts leave me with a desire for comfort food.

With fresh pie, warm coffee and Tim Horton's in mind, I've been working on a desert cocktail. I won't share the recipe till its in its final version, but here's a sneak peek.


The coloration and design is pretty much exactly what I want. The taste is spot on as well. Hinting of cinnamon buns, Terry's chocolate oranges, and mint chocolate chips. You may even find a bit of wine on your palette. The appearance and taste of this drink are deceiving. It is Very alcoholic, despite its warm bakery appearance.


The one thing I'm aiming to change is the consistency of the layers. When I get the final recipe down, it will be all of the interwebs to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
blogger widget