Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Soho Nites at the Bayside Lounge


I Dropped into the Bayside Lounge with some coworkers after work tonight. unfortunately I couldn't stay long enough to try more than one drink. And so I chose the first drink to catch my eye on their signature cocktail menu. Soho Nites.


To be honest, I don't really know why it's called Soho Nites. Perhaps it's an inside story, or maybe the creator simply thought the name fit the atmosphere of the bar - which, if you've never been, has the modest demure of a 60s drug lounge in Miami. It feels vaguely like some of the sets used in Scarface.

Atmosphere aside, the drink itself feels like a Shirley Temple with vodka in it. In all honesty, it isn't much more than that. Personally I don't think it the kind of thing that I would expect as a signature cocktail, let alone the first one on the list of martinis. At the same time, I can't say I'm surprised. It is what it is. A best attempt.

Soho Nites
- Citrus Vodka
- Lychee liqueur
- Grapefruit juice
- Grenadine
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
blogger widget