Monday, January 27, 2014

The Bottle Opener: "Gin-Minded"

Well hey there folks! The third installment of 'The Bottle Opener' is now out for your viewing pleasure!

In this episode, I introduce you to Long Table Distillery's London Dry Gin, which I detailed at a glance in this blog article. With Gin in mind, I wanted to stick to a few of the basics in gin tasting. So of course, this means the Gin and Tonic, and the Martini. Another considered cocktail was the Negroni, but I shied away from that, for two very good reasons.  For starters, I didn't have the campari and sweet vermouth handy, but more importantly, Negronis aren't really about the Gin.  They're more about the Campari.



We also took a look at a long forgotten "classic" (if you can call it that), the Rumba; a gin and rum hybrid. The ideal Rumba is supposedly made with an amber rum, ala Appleton's, but again I went with my beloved Kraken.

Lastly, we took the remnants of the Rumba to create a nameless original cocktail, along with my patented (not really) rose syrup.

Let me know what you guys think, and as always, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
blogger widget